— Updated April 13, 2021 —
DerpyCon’s number one priority is the safety of the members of our community. We are aware of the current situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are taking precautions to protect the health and safety of everyone involved with the convention. We are consulting health experts and monitoring recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local healthcare professionals to ensure that we are considering and providing the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the coronavirus.
At this time, we are still planning to hold DerpyCon 2021! We will ultimately need to adhere to local and official guidelines as the event draws closer, and we will keep our attendees and other members of our community informed of any changes via our social media outlets, website, and e-mail newsletter.
We are actively taking steps to ensure the safety of the members of our community, which include:
- Increased sanitation accommodations and recommendations for both our staff and our attendees. DerpyCon will continue to work to provide a safe, fun, family-friendly environment for everyone!
- We are revising our DerpyCon 2021 Refund Policy for our Attendees! These changes include:
- Refunds of purchased badges may be given up to 24 hours prior to the start of DerpyCon 2021. Attendees will need to submit a ticket to our HelpDesk in order to receive a refund. All refunds will be for the amount of the badge type purchased.
- Rollovers of DerpyCon attendee badges from 2021 to 2022 may be given to any attendee badge type. Attendees will need to submit a ticket to our HelpDesk in order to have their membership rolled over to 2022. Badge types rolled over will remain the same badge type.
- Any other Badge type (such as our Exhibitors, Press, Industry, etc.) will be given further instructions via e-mail.
- If you have any additional questions regarding Refunds or Membership Rollovers, please contact our Registration Department via our Attendee HelpDesk.
We want to thank all our staff and volunteers who are continuing to work hard to make the convention a success! Planning for this year’s event began in 2018, and many of our Staff also dedicate their time to helping our fellow conventions or working on the next DerpyCon. We can never thank our Staff enough for their passion, dedication, and hard work.
- If anyone is interested in Staffing or Volunteering with us, in addition to our current staff and volunteer positions, our Personnel Department and Convention Leadership are working on new staff and volunteer positions and alternative perks to still allow for you to help with the convention.
- Our Staff Applications and Volunteer Applications will open soon. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact our Personnel Department via the Attendee HelpDesk!
DerpyCon would like to advise any of our attendees, staff, or other members of our community to remain safe and not attend the event if you are not feeling well.
We want to thank everyone for your support and understanding, and that we will update via our Social Media outlets and our newsletter as soon as we know more. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via our HelpDesk.