The DerpyCon Hall Cosplay contest, where contestants will be evaluated for craftsmanship by our panel of judges. We will have set times on Friday and Saturday for judging. Once you submit your application, you will be sent your scheduled time slot. Please do not be late, if you come after judging hours you will have to wait for the next available time slot. Some slots may open up at con so feel free to stop by during Cosplay HQ hours to check in. Those open slots will be filled at con first come first serve.
Hall Cosplay Rules:
- Bringing reference material is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED. The judges are well versed in many areas of geekdom, but not everyone knows a particular character and their outfit.
- You may enter as an individual or as a group.
- Costumes need to be at least 80% handcrafted by you. Commissioned costumes are eligible ONLY IF the person who made it is present for judging. Closet cosplay is NOT ALLOWED!
- Entries are limited to one entry per person per a day. You may enter both days with DIFFERENT costumes, and a different application. Please specify which day you would like to enter on the form.
- Please remember this is a craftsmanship contest; judges will be looking at your outfit for quality and accuracy.
- Please specify your level of craftsmanship and enter the appropriate category on your application (will help to inform judges of the skill level).
- Youth – all entrants in the group are 14 years of age or younger
- Novice – All contestants in the group have won fewer than three (3) major awards for craftsmanship at any convention
- Journeyman – Any contestant in the group has won at least three (3) major awards as Novice but fewer than an additional three (3) at the Journeyman level.
- Craftsman – Any contestant in the group has won three (3) or more major prizes ABOVE the journeyman level
Level of Awards
Friday 1st Place (Prize: Badge to DerpyCon 2020)
Friday 2nd Place
Friday 3rd Place
Saturday 1st Place (Prize: Badge to DerpyCon 2020)
Saturday 2nd Place
Saturday 3rd Place
3 Judges Awards