PANELS & WORKSHOPS
Thank you for your interest in being a presenter at DerpyCon 2019. Below you will find rules, policies, and information regarding being a presenter. Please read all rules and policies before applying for a Panel and/or Workshop. If you have any questions, please contact the Panels Head.
Our Panels Applications will open on April 30, 2019 and close on June 30, 2019 at 11:59pm EDT.
About Panels & Workshops
If you have the desire to present a topic that you are passionate about sharing with other DerpyCon attendees, then we want to hear from you. We are a multi-genre convention and welcome a broad range of subject matter. DerpyCon fosters a supportive community, which makes it a great place for first time presenters and for more experienced presenters to experiment with new ideas. We will announce when attendee panel & workshop submission forms are active. Please review the guidelines below before submitting your panel or workshop.
- Panel & Workshop applications will be accepted from Tuesday, April 30, 2019 through 11:59:59 PM on Friday, June 30, 2019.
- All submissions will be reviewed after the submission window closes.
- Please note that it could take up to a month for this review process to complete.
- Potential attendee presenters must be registered for DerpyCon 2019 before submitting.
- The submission will be rejected if the Registration ID number supplied is invalid.
- All presenters must be over the age of 16 at the time of DerpyCon 2019.
- If you are under the age of 16 and want to present, then you must have a parent or guardian present with you during check in and at the panel or workshop.
- All submissions must be made via the DerpyCon 2019 Panel 7 Workshop Application Form.
- Any submissions via other means will be rejected.
- Any submissions via the DerpyCon Panel & Workshop Application Form that are incomplete will be rejected.
- No more than three presenters we be allowed at each attendee panel or workshop.
- If your idea requires more than three presenters, then please contact the Head of Panels prior to submitting the panel to clarify why this is needed and if special arrangements can be made.
- If a panel or workshop is submitted with more than three presenters and prior communication has not been received, then the submission will be rejected.
- if a panel or workshop is submitted with three or less presenters is found to contain more than three presenters, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel or workshop in progress.
Age Restricted Content
- All Ages content is anything that contains no crude language, no sexual content, and only has mild or cartoon violence (consider content in movies rated G or PG).
- 13+ content is anything that contains a small amount of crude language, sexually suggestive content, or violence (consider content in movies rated PG-13).
- 18+ content is anything that contains crude language, sexual content, graphic violence, or other obscene material as a primary component, making it unsuitable for anyone under the age of 18 (consider content in movies rated R).
- If you are unsure of whether the content of your submission should have an age restriction, then it probably does.
- Please error on the side of caution in this regard.
- Please contact the the Head of Panels to discuss your idea if you are unsure if it needs an age restriction.
- You must be 18 or older to run an 18+ panel or workshop.
- Please note that 18+ workshops will face a stricter standard than 18+ panels due to potential legal matters.
- If the content of the 18+ workshop is considered too risky for this venue, then it may be rejected even if it is properly submitted and has been presented before at other conventions.
- DerpyCon is a family friendly event. Therefore, panels and workshops containing 18+ content will usually be scheduled later in the evening.
- If a panel or workshop submitted as All Ages or 13+ is found to contain 18+ material, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel or workshop in progress.
DerpyCon is able to offer a limited number of presenter reimbursement under the following conditions:
- Attendees who perform a minimum of two hours of programming will be eligible to have their DerpyCon 2019 badge reimbursed after the conclusion of the convention.
- A maximum of two attendees presenting a panel or workshop may gain one hour of credit each towards DerpyCon 2019 badge reimbursement.
- Panel and Workshop credits both count towards this total.
- For Example: two hours of panels, two hours of workshops, or an hour of a panel and an hour of a workshop would all qualify for the two hour minimum.
- You will not get additional credits or perks if you present more than two hours of programming.
- If a panel or workshop is shut down while in progress, then it may lead to denial of reimbursement and all future submissions to DerpyCon.
- If a presenter does not check in with the Head of Panels a minimum of two hours before their panel or workshop, then it may lead to denial of reimbursement.
- DerpyCon 2019 Staff are not eligible to receive additional compensation.
- DerpyCon 2019 Staff must submit their panel or workshop in a separate staff specific form.
- Qualifying presenters will receive a confirmation email from the Head of Panels one to two months before DerpyCon 2019 begins.
- Qualifying presenters must bring a printed copy of this email and a printed copy of their DerpyCon 2019 registration with them to DerpyCon 2019.
- Qualifying presenters must reply to the confirmation email that they will receive and acknowledge the time, location, and date that their submitted panel or workshop was scheduled.
- Qualifying presenters should expect the Head of Panels to call the contact number submitted for verification.
- Qualifying presenters are required to check in with the Head of Panels a minimum of two hours before their scheduled panel or workshop.
- Registration reimbursements are capped at the equivalent rate of when the registration was purchased.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to presenters who do not complete the required hours of programming at DerpyCon.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to presenters who violate the rules of DerpyCon, our venue, or the state of New Jersey.
For questions related to submitting a panel for DerpyCon 2019, you may contact the Panels Department via the DerpyCon Contact Form Thank you!