So You Want to be a Panelist?
That means that you have panel ideas! Your knowledge, talent, awesomeness, time and effort both before and during the con contributes in a major way and helps Depycon be Derp awesome. We welcome various subjects ranging from many different fandoms like, my little pony and doctor who, just to name a few. If you have a massive amount of knowledge on a subject you would like to share with your fellow DerpyCon goers, we welcome your submission. Please watch us for updates and further instructions, and rules on submitting your idea to become a panelist for DerpyCon!
What’s In It For You?
The glory of being envied by your friends and perhaps dozens of strangers who come to bask in the light of your knowledge, and of course a reimbursed badge, of course… after you’ve done your panelist duties in running a successful panel!
- Panels applications will be accepted from Friday, April 15, 2016 at 8:01PM EDT thru Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:59:59PM EDT!
- Panelists applying must be registered to DerpyCon 2016 for proper application submission. If registration id number supplied is invalid, the panel will be rejected.
- Panelists must be over the age of 18 at time of event.
- All Panel submissions must be made via the DerpyCon Panel Application.
- No more than three presenters of a panel at a time.
- Panel submissions received through other means will not be considered!
- Please make sure to fill out the application completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submissions will be reviewed after the submission window closes.
- Be advised that it could be several weeks after the submission window closes before you hear anything about your panel submission. For the head of programming has a life too…Well sort of.
- 18+ content is anything that contains graphic, sexual, overly violent or obscene material which would be unsuitable for minors, aka people under 18!
- If you are unsure of whether the content of your panel is 18+, it probably is.
Please err on the side of caution. Look at movie ratings!
- DerpyCon is a family friendly event. Therefore, panels containing 18+ content will be scheduled late in the evening, generally between the hours of 10PM and 2AM.
- If a panel submitted as ‘not 18+’ is found to contain 18+ material, DerpyCon staff reserve the right to shut down the panel in progress. A panel shut down while in progress will not be considered successfully run and may lead to denial of membership reimbursements and future panel submissions.
DerpyCon is able to offer a limited number of panelist reimbursement under the following conditions:
- All panels will be allowed one named panelist. Additional panelists are allowed, but cannot count their participation towards reimbursement.
- A minimum of three hours of programming will be allowed towards a DerpyCon 2016 badge reimbursement.
- There will be limited reimbursements for DerpyCon 2016.
- Qualifying panelists will receive a confirmation email from DerpyCon’s Program Head two-six weeks before convention. Panelists must print a copy this email, a printed receipt for a DerpyCon registration, and a panelist reimbursement form to Programming Operations at DerpyCon to have the reimbursements processed.
- Registration reimbursements are capped at the equivalent rate of when the registration was purchased.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement for panelists who do not complete the required number of panels at con or panelists who violate the rules of DerpyCon, our venue, or the state of New Jersey.
For questions related to submitting a panel for DerpyCon 2016, you may contact the Panels Department via the DerpyCon Contact Form please. Thank you!
The DerpyCon 2016 Panel Application is Now Closed