Do You Want to Be a Panelist at DerpyCon 2021?
If you have the desire to present a topic that you are passionate about sharing with other DerpyCon attendees, then we want to hear from you. We are a multi-genre convention and welcome a broad range of subject matter. DerpyCon fosters a supportive community, which makes it a great place for first time panelists to present and for more experienced panelists to try new ideas. We will announce when attendee panel submission forms are active. Please review the guidelines below before submitting your panel using for form at the bottom of this page.
Panel Applications are Open from May 20th, 2021 to Friday, August 20th, 2021 at 11:59:59pm EDT.
If you have any questions, please contact our Head of Panels using our Help Desk.
Read the Following Rules and Apply Below
- Panel Submission Guidelines
- Age Restricted Panels
- Panels Etiquette
- Panelist Compensation
- Panelist At-Con Check-In
- Panel applications will be accepted through Friday, August 20, 2021 at 11:59:59pm EDT.
- All panel submissions will be reviewed after the submission window closes.
- Please note that it could take up to a month after panel submissions close for this review process to be complete.
- Potential Attendee Panelists do not need to register to DerpyCon 2021 when submitting a panel.
- Accepted Attendee Panelists will need to submit proof of DerpyCon 2021 registration within 30 days of acceptance or risk losing the panel.
- All panelists must be 16 years of age or older at the time of the convention.
- Any panelists under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian present during check in and during the panel.
- All panel submissions must be made via the DerpyCon Panel Application Form found below.
- Any panels submitted via other means will be rejected.
- Any panels submitted via the DerpyCon Panel Application Form that are incomplete will be rejected.
- No more than three (3) presenters will be allowed at each attendee panel.
- If your panel requires more than three (3) presenters, then please contact the Head of Panels prior to submitting the panel to clarify why this is needed and if special arrangements can be made.
- If a panel is submitted with more than three (3) presenters and prior communication has not been received, then the panel submission will be rejected.
- If a panel is submitted with three or less presenters is found to contain more than three presenters, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel in progress.
- Panelists can present their panels online and can be shown on our streaming platforms and at our in-person event.
- A panelist presenting a panel online is not required to register to DerpyCon 2021.
- You can present your panel live to our online audience and interact with attendees at our in-person event
- You can record your panel before the convention and will be shown online and in a video room
- All Ages Content is anything that contains no crude language, no sexual content, and only has mild or cartoon violence (consider content in movies rated G or PG).
- 13+ Content is anything that contains a small amount of crude language, sexually suggestive content, or violence (consider content in movies rated PG-13).
- 18+ Content is anything that contains crude language, sexual content, graphic violence, or other obscene material as a primary component, making it unsuitable for anyone under the age of 18 (consider content of movies rated R).
- If you are unsure of whether the content of your panel should have an age restriction, then it probable should.
- Please err on the side of caution in this regard.
- Please contact the Head of Panels to discuss your panel idea if you are unsure if it needs an age restriction.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to run an 18+ panel.
- DerpyCon is a family-friendly event. Therefore, panels containing 18+ content will usually be scheduled later in the evening.
- If a panel submitted as All Ages or 13+ is found to contain 18+ content, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel in progress.
- Hate speech, including ethnic slurs, racial slurs, religious slurs, sexual bias, homophobia, transphobia, etc., will not be tolerated at DerpyCon. If a panel is found to contain such content, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel.
- Be professional and courteous.
DerpyCon is able to offer panelist compensation under the following conditions:
- Attendee Panelists who perform a minimum of two (2) hours of programming will be eligible to have their DerpyCon 2021 Badge reimbursed after the conclusion of the convention.
- A maximum of two (2) attendee panelists per panel may gain credit towards a DerpyCon 2021 badge reimbursement.
- Workshops presented count towards badge reimbursement.
- Credit can be earned up to the registration price at the time of registration.
- Attendee Panelists will not get additional credits or perks beyond two (2) hours of programming.
- If a panel is shut down while in progress, then it may lead to denial of reimbursment and denial of future panel submissions to DerpyCon.
- If a panelist does not check-in with the Head of Panels a minimum of two hours before their first scheduled panel, then it may lead to a denial of reimbursement.
- Staff Panelists are not eligible to receive credit.
- Staff must submit their panels in a separate staff specific form.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to panelists who do not complete the required hours of programming at DerpyCon 2021.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to panelists who violate the rules of DerpyCon, our venue, or the state of New Jersey.
- Accepted Panelists will receive a confirmation email from the Head of Panels by no later than two months before DerpyCon 2021 begins.
- Accepted Panelists must bring a printed copy of their confirmation email and of their DerpyCon 2021 registration with them to the convention.
- Accepted Panelists must reply to the confirmation email to acknowledge and accept the time, location, and date that their submitted panel was scheduled.
- Accepted Panelists should expect the Head of Panelists to call the contact number submitted for verification.
- Accepted Panelists are required to check-in with the Head of Panels a minimum of two (2) hours before their first scheduled panel.