Do you want to be a Panelist at DerpyCon 2019?
If you have the desire to present a topic that you are passionate about sharing with other DerpyCon attendees, then we want to hear from you. We are a multi-genre convention and welcome a broad range of subject matter. DerpyCon fosters a supportive community, which makes it a great place for first time panelists to present and for more experienced panelists to try new ideas. We will announce when attendee panel submission forms are active. Please review the guidelines below before submitting your panel.
- Panel applications will be accepted from Tuesday, April 30, 2019 through 11:59:59 PM on Friday, June 30, 2019.
- All panel submissions will be reviewed after the submission window closes.
- Please note that it could take up to a month for this review process to complete.
- Potential attendee panelists must be registered for DerpyCon 2019 before submitting.
- The panel submission will be rejected if the Registration ID number supplied is invalid.
- All panelists must be over the age of 16 at time of event.
- If you are under the age of 16 and want to present a panel, then you must have a parent or guardian present with you during check in and at the panel.
- All panel submissions must be made via the DerpyCon 2019 Panel Application Form.
- Any panels submitted via any other means will be rejected.
- Any panels submitted via the DerpyCon Panel Application Form that are incomplete will be rejected.
- No more than three presenters we be allowed at each attendee panel.
- If your panel idea requires more than three presenters, then please contact the Head of Panels prior to submitting the panel to clarify why this is needed and if special arrangements can be made.
- If a panel is submitting with more than three presenters and prior communication has not been received, then the panel submission will be rejected.
- if a panel submitted with three or less presenters is found to contain more than three presenters, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel in progress.
Age Restricted Panels
- All Ages content is anything that contains no crude language, no sexual content, and only has mild or cartoon violence (consider content in movies rated G or PG).
- 13+ content is anything that contains a small amount of crude language, sexually suggestive content, or violence (consider content in movies rated PG-13).
- 18+ content is anything that contains crude language, sexual content, graphic violence, or other obscene material as a primary component, making it unsuitable for anyone under the age of 18 (consider content in movies rated R).
- If you are unsure of whether the content of your panel should have an age restriction, then it probably does.
- Please error on the side of caution in this regard.
- Please contact the the Head of Panels to discuss your panel idea if you are unsure if it needs an age restriction.
- You must be 18 or older to run an 18+ panel.
- DerpyCon is a family friendly event. Therefore, panels containing 18+ content will usually be scheduled later in the evening.
- If a panel submitted as All Ages or 13+ is found to contain 18+ material, then DerpyCon Staff reserve the right to shut down the panel in progress.
DerpyCon is able to offer a limited number of panelist reimbursement under the following conditions:
- Attendees who perform a minimum of two hours of programming will be eligible to have their DerpyCon 2019 badge reimbursed after the conclusion of the convention.
- A maximum of two attendees presenting a panel may gain one hour of credit each towards DerpyCon 2019 badge reimbursement.
- Workshop credits will also count towards this total.
- You will not get additional credits or perks if you present more than two hours of programming.
- If a panel is shut down while in progress, then it may lead to denial of reimbursement and all future panel submissions to DerpyCon.
- If a panelist does not check in with the Head of Panels a minimum of two hours before their panel, then it may lead to denial of reimbursement.
- DerpyCon 2019 Staff are not eligible to receive additional compensation.
- DerpyCon 2019 Staff must submit their panels in a separate staff specific form.
- Qualifying panelists will receive a confirmation email from the Head of Panels one to two months before DerpyCon 2019 begins.
- Qualifying panelists must bring a printed copy of this email and a printed copy of their DerpyCon 2019 registration with them to DerpyCon 2019.
- Qualifying panelists must reply to the confirmation email that they will receive and acknowledge the time, location, and date that their submitted panel was scheduled.
- Qualifying panelists should expect the Head of Panels to call the contact number submitted for verification.
- Qualifying panelists are required to check in with the Head of Panels a minimum of two hours before their scheduled panel.
- Registration reimbursements are capped at the equivalent rate of when the registration was purchased.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to panelists who do not complete the required hours of programming at DerpyCon.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement to panelists who violate the rules of DerpyCon, our venue, or the state of New Jersey.
For questions related to submitting a panel for DerpyCon 2019, you may contact the Panels Department via the DerpyCon Contact Form Thank you!