So You Want to be a Panelist?
JUST DO IT! That means that you have panel ideas and we want to hear them! Your knowledge, talent, awesomeness, time and effort both before and during the con contributes in a major way and helps Depycon on its way to being awesome. We welcome various subjects ranging from anime, comic books, videos games, steampunk, My Little Pony, Doctor Who, and everything in-between. If you have a massive amount of knowledge on a subject you would like to share with your fellow DerpyCon goers, we welcome your submission. Please watch us for updates and further instructions, and rules on submitting your idea to become a panelist for DerpyCon!
What’s In It For You?
The glory of being envied by your friends and perhaps dozens of strangers who come to bask in the light of your knowledge, and of course a reimbursed badge. That is after you’ve done your panelist duties in running a successful panel!
- Panels applications will be accepted from Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 8:01PM EST thru Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 11:59:59PM EST!
- Panelists applying must be registered to DerpyCon 2017 for proper application submission. If registration id number supplied is invalid, the panel will be rejected.
- All panelists must be over the age of 16 at time of event.
- If you are under 16 and want to still run a panel you must have a parent or guardian to be with you during the panel and check in.
- All Panel submissions must be made via the DerpyCon Panel Application.
- No more than three presenters of a panel at a time.
- If your panel requires more than three people please such as a ask characters from a series questions or you are putting on a variety show. Please email head of panels to see what can be arranged.
- Panel submissions received through other means will not be considered!
- Please make sure to fill out the application completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submissions will be reviewed after the submission window closes.
- Be advised that it could be several weeks after the submission window closes before you hear anything about your panel submission. For the head of panels has a life too…Well sort of.
- 18+ content is anything that contains graphic, sexual, overly violent or obscene material which would be unsuitable for minors, aka people under 18!
- If you are unsure of whether the content of your panel is 18+, it probably is.
Please err on the side of caution. Look at movie ratings!
- You MUST be 18 or older to run an 18+ panel. No exceptions!
- DerpyCon is a family friendly event. Therefore, panels containing 18+ content will be scheduled late in the evening, generally between the hours of 10PM and 2AM.
- If a panel submitted as ‘not 18+’ is found to contain 18+ material, DerpyCon staff reserve the right to shut down the panel in progress. A panel shut down while in progress will not be considered successfully run and may lead to denial of membership reimbursements and future panel submissions.
DerpyCon is able to offer a limited number of panelist reimbursement under the following conditions:
- All panels will be allowed one named panelist. Additional panelists are allowed, but cannot count their participation towards reimbursement.
- A minimum of three hours of programming will be allowed towards a DerpyCon 2017 badge reimbursement.
- This can be combined with workshops
- For example three hours of workshops and one hour of panels
- This can be combined with workshops
- You may do more than three hours, but you will not get additional reimbursement.
- Derpycon staff are encouraged to submit and run panels, but will not receive additional compensation.
- Also staff must go through a separate process to submit their panels.
- There will be limited reimbursements for DerpyCon 2017.
- Qualifying panelists will receive a confirmation email from DerpyCon’s Panel Head two-six weeks before convention. Panelists must print a copy of this email and a printed receipt for a DerpyCon registration.
- Panelists must also reply to the confirmation email they will receive that has the date,time, and location in it.
- Also the Head of Panels will be calling you to confirm that you can be reached.
- If you do not check in with the head of panels an hour or more before you panel you may not qualify for reimbursement.
- Registration reimbursements are capped at the equivalent rate of when the registration was purchased.
- DerpyCon reserves the right to deny reimbursement for panelists who do not complete the required number of panels at con or panelists who violate the rules of DerpyCon, our venue, or the state of New Jersey.
PANEL APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED!
For questions related to submitting a panel for DerpyCon 2017, you may contact the Panels Department via the DerpyCon Contact Form Thank you!