- Primary interface between convention leadership and the Public Safety department.
- Primary interface between hotel security officers and the event
- If asked by the facility, acts as interface between the convention and local public safety officials
- Responsible for approving and training of all Public Safety staff and volunteers (Officers, Desk Sergeants, and new Chiefs)
- Works with the Chief of Staff to update department policies, event safety plan, and training materials for the Public Safety Department.
- Set the schedules for officers and sergeants
- Determines needs for security and staffs correctly during their shift
- Either handle or assign personnel to deal with cash drops, or other high risk assignments.
- Ensure that all life/safety rules are being adhered to (e.g. room capacities, open egress routes, etc.)
- Remains on-site and on call throughout the entirety of their shift. In the event of a personal emergency, Chiefs must notify the appropriate leadership of their potential absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head or Assistant Head of Con Ops, the Chief of Staff, or the Convention Chairperson.