Thank you for interest in Volunteering with us for DerpyCon 2019! Volunteers assist DerpyCon Staff during the convention by helping check badges, assisting attendees, helping with set up/tear down, helping various departments staff, and more. Volunteers are able to choose the number of hours they wish to work, and will earn perks based on the number of hours they work.
Our Volunteers DO:
- Follow all Convention Policies, Volunteer Policies, and the policies of the Department in which they are assisting.
- Help the Convention Staff with set up/tear down
- Assist with line control
- Act as Runners to help our Staff in various departments
- Perform Badge checks
- Assist attendees (either throughout our venue or at our Info Desk)
- Help in our Viewings Room and/or Video Game Room
- Attend Volunteer Orientation, led by our Head of Volunteers
Our Volunteers DO NOT:
- Handle money or sales
- Function as security
- Work with guests
- Exclusively assist one Staff member or one Department (unless assigned to a specific Staff member or Department by our Head of Volunteers)
- Answer to anyone but the Head of Volunteers for assignments
- Undermine the integrity of DerpyCon or its affiliates
What Our Volunteers Get
- 4 hours – small goodie bag of snacks/drinks
- 8 hours – $5 voucher to our merch table
- 12 hours – Reimbursement of convention badge
- More than 12 hours may make you eligible for certain Staff perks, at the discretion of the Head of Volunteers and Head of Staff Services.
- Must be 18 years old at the date of the convention in order to Volunteer
- For badge reimbursement, Volunteers must work 12 hours in total Thursday-Sunday These hours include load in/out and set up/tear down.
- Volunteer shifts are typically in 2-4 hour increments.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation Meeting (time TBD by the Head of Volunteers)
- E-mail correspondence with Head of Volunteers to update Volunteer status (e.g. change in availability).
- Check in/Check out for shifts with Head of Volunteers
- Follow all Convention Policies, Volunteer Department Policies, and any specific policies of the department you work in.
Questions? Concerns? Feel free to Contact Us!