Thank you for interest in volunteering for DerpyCon 2016! Volunteers assist DerpyCon Staff in many different tasks required to run the convention. Volunteers help check for badges, assisting attendees, setting up events, helping with video gaming and technology equipment, panels, workshops, masquerade, and break down. Unlike staff, which work during the majority of the convention, volunteers are able to choose the number of hours they wish to work.
Volunteers Help With
Volunteers help convention staff with event set up, line control, badge checking, guiding attendees, running video and gaming equipment, workshops, panels, the masquerade, break down and clean up.
Volunteers Do Not Help With
Volunteers do not handle money, function as security, undermine the integrity of DerpyCon or its affiliates.
What Volunteers Get
- For 6 hours worked, a $15 merchandise booth voucher .
- For 12 hours worked, registration badge fee reimbursed.
- Shifts are in 4-hour increments.
- We expect you to fulfill all of the hours you agree to work.
- We expect you to conduct yourself in an honest and courteous manner.
- We expect you to bring any issues you are unable to resolve to the attention of a staff member.
- You must be pre-registered to DerpyCon 2016.
- You must have valid picture ID.
- You must be at least 18 years old by November 1, 2016.
- You must submit a volunteer application and be approved.
- You must go through a mandatory volunteer briefing before starting your first shift.
- You must submit the required number of validated work hours to DerpyCon Con Ops for reimbursements.