Thank you for interest in volunteering for DerpyCon 2017! Volunteers assist DerpyCon Staff in many different tasks required to run the convention. Volunteers help check for badges, assisting attendees, setting up events, helping various departments staff, and break down. Unlike staff, which work during the majority of the convention, volunteers are able to choose the number of hours they wish to work.
Volunteers Help With:
- Convention Staff with event set up/tear down
- Line control
- Runners to help our staff in various departments
- Badge checking
- Assisting attendees (either throughout our venue or at our Info Desk)
- Viewings room assistants
- Break down/clean up
- Attend orientation for Volunteers with our Head of Volunteers
Volunteers Do Not Help With:
- Handle money or sales
- Function as security
- Exclusively assist one staff member or one department (unless assigned to a specific department)
- Answer to anyone but the Head of Volunteers for assignments
- Undermine the integrity of DerpyCon or its affiliates
What Volunteers Get
- For 6 hours worked, a $15 merchandise booth voucher .
- For 12 hours worked, registration badge fee reimbursed.
- Shifts are in 4-hour increments.
- We expect you to fulfill all of the hours you agree to work.
- We expect you to conduct yourself in an honest and courteous manner.
- We expect you to bring any issues you are unable to resolve to the attention of a staff member.
- You must be pre-registered to DerpyCon 2016.
- You must have valid picture ID.
- You must be at least 18 years old by November 16th, 2017.
- You must submit a volunteer application and be approved.
- You must go through a mandatory volunteer briefing before starting your first shift.
- You must submit the required number of validated work hours to DerpyCon’s Head of Volunteers for reimbursements.